1. Well, if everyone else is doing it I’m sure it’s okay.
2. Actually you were born in a barn, go ahead and leave that door open.
3. Don’t worry about curfew, it was just a suggestion. I’m not running a prison here. If you’re with your friends, I know you’re all right.
4. You know, the purpose of my life IS to walk behind you and pick things up.
5. You don’t get in half the trouble I did when I was your age.
6. If you don’t stop crying, I’m going to have to give you anything you want.
7. How on earth can you see that TV from so far back, scoot a little closer.
8. Just because you live under my roof doesn’t mean you have to follow my rules, we are running a democracy here.
9. I don’t expect you to hear what I say the first time, I enjoy repeating it again and again.
10. Let me smell that shirt– I think it’s good for another week, maybe two.
11. Just because you were too sick to go to school today doesn’t mean you can’t hang out with your friends now.
12. If you can’t say something nice about a person, text it.
13. This will hurt you a lot more than it hurts me, I can guarantee that.
14. If you don’t eat all your dessert, you can’t have any broccoli.
15. Why are your clothes so clean? Go back outside and don’t come back in until you have grass stains all over.
16. Your room is just too tidy, go mess it up a little.
17. Those starving children on the other side of the world? They wouldn’t eat this slop either.
18. Sure keep that stray dog. I will be happy to feed it, walk it, and take care of it.
19. Today’s music is so much better than when I was a kid.
20. Actually, I am made out of money!
Thought for the Week
“Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.”~Charles R. Swindoll, The Strong Family