Now that we are past Memorial Day, many schools are wrapping up and anxious children are welcoming the coming of summer. Teachers can be thankful too that they will get a break from dealing with excuses like the following.
- Dear School: Please excuse John from being absent on Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, and also 33.
- Please excuse Dianne from being absent yesterday. She was in bed with gramps.
- Please excuse Johnnie for being. It was his father’s fault.
- Chris will not be in school because he has an acre in his side.
- John has been absent because he had two teeth taken off his face.
- Lillie was absent from school yesterday because she had a going over,
- George was absent yesterday because he had a stomach.
- Please excuse Amanda from school yesterday. She had perfect attendance last nine weeks. That’s really good so I let her stay home for a reward.
- Please excuse tommy for being absent yesterday. He had diarrhea, and his boots leak.
- Irving was absent yesterday because he missed his bust.
- Please excuse jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it monday. We thought it was sunday.
- Sally won’t be in school a week from friday. We have to attend her funeral.
- Please excuse Casey from school. It was Take Your Daughter to work day. I don’t have a job, so I made her stay home and do housework.
- Megan could not come to school today because she has been bothered by very close veins.
- My son is under the doctor’s care and should not take fizical ed. Please execute him.
- Please excuse Joyce from P.E. for a few days. Yesterday she fell off a tree and misplaced her hip.
- Pease excuse Ray Friday from school. He has very loose vowels
- Ralph was absent yesterday because he had a sore trout.
- Please excuse Sara for being absent. She was sick and I had her shot.
Thought for the Week
It is indeed ironic that we spend our school days yearning to graduate and our remaining days waxing nostalgic about our school days. ~Isabel Waxman