Happy Friday! Hoping this finds you healthy and coping. Times continue to be rather crazy and we all find different ways to cope. I enjoy listening to music. So, this week I thought I would share my playlist for social distancing along with a few lines from each song. I will admit the songs are rather dated, but then so am I!
- Pablo Cruise – Place in the Sun –Everybody’s pannin’ for gold/ and you can find it for a price/Love always promises to last forever/ but sometimes it just don’t work out/’Cause laughing lighthearted tunes/oh, sometimes they turn to blues/So tell yourself a joke or two/’cause every day invites you/To find your place in the sun
- Average White Bank – Pick Up the Pieces – Pick up the pieces, uh-huh/Pick up the pieces, alright/Pick up the pieces, uh-huh/Pick up the pieces, woo!
- Boz Scaggs- What Can I Say – (What can I say)/Oh to make you know baby/(What can I do)/Oooh show you that I care/(What can I say)
- Beatles – Please Mr. Postman – Wait, oh yes wait a minute mister postman/Wait, wait mister postman/Mister postman look and see/Is there a letter in your bag for me
- Player – Baby Comer Back – All day long, I’m wearin’ a mask of false bravado/Tryin’ to keep up a smile that hides a tear/But as the sun goes down, I get that empty feelin’ again
- Boston – More Than A Feeling – So many people have come and gone/Their faces fade as the years/go by/Yet I still recall as I wander on/As clear as the sun in the summer sky/It’s more than a feeling
- Rex Smith – Take My Breath Away -You, you take my breath away/And I don’t know what to say/’Cause you take my breath away
- Donnie Osmond – Go Away Little Girl – So, go away little girl/Let’s call it a day little girl/Please, go away little girl/Before I beg you to stay
- Barbara Streisand – The Way We Were – Mem’ries,Light the corners of my mind/Misty water-colored memories/Of the way we were
- Starship – Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now – Let ’em say we’re crazy, I don’t care about that/put your hand in my hand, baby, don’t ever look back/let the world around us just fall apart/baby we can make it if we’re heart-to-heart
- Andrew Gold – Lonely Boy– “They dressed him up warmly/they sent him to school/
It taught him how to fight/to be nobody’s fool/Oh, oh, what a lonely boy
- Eric Carmen – All By Myself – Livin’ alone/I think of all the friends I’ve known.
But when I dial the telephone/Nobody’s home.
- Sly and the Family Stone – Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin – Dance to the music all night long/Everyday people sing their simple song/Mama’s so happy, Mama starts to cry/Papa’s still singing, you can make it if you try/I want to thank you falettinme be mice elf agin
- Three Dog Night – Mama Told Me (Not To Come) –This is the craziest party that could ever be/Don’t turn on the lights ’cause I don’t wanna see/Mama told me not to come
- Aerosmith – Walk This Way – ‘Cause she knew what she was doin’/When she told me how to walk this way/She told me to/Walk this way
- The Sylvers- Boogie Fever –She’s got the boogie fever/She likes to boogie down
She’s got the boogie fever/I think it’s going around
- Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive – “I’ve got all my life to live/ I’ve got all my love to give/
And I’ll survive, I will survive, I will survive.
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK
“I may not overcome the inevitable, but O, it is mine to see that the inevitable does not overcome me.” ~Muriel Strode (1875–1964), My Little Book of Prayer, 1904