Happy Friday! We are halfway through this first month of the New Year. As we continue to get settled into this year, I thought I would share some of the signs of living in 2015.
You know you are living in 2015 when……
1. You just entered your PIN on the microwave.
2. You have a list of 20 phone numbers to reach your family of five.
3. You have more than five email addresses for yourself.
4. You regularly send email to yourself.
5. You only communicate by Facebook with your friend who works in the adjacent cubicle.
6. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they are not on Facebook or Twitter.
7. You know more about what is going on with Facebook friends you have not seen in twenty or thirty years than you do with your own family.
8. You have scores of “friends” that you have never met personally.
9. If someone asks you for your home phone number, you have to scroll down on your cell phone to find it.
10. If you leave without your cell phone, you go into a panic and wonder how you will make it through the day.
11. You stop to look at something in the store and your spouse keeps going and you call him/her on your cell phone to find out where he/she is.
12. You text your kids to tell them dinner is ready.
13. Your have your resume in “the cloud.”
14. Your take pictures all the time, but you have no idea where your camera is.
15. Contractors out number permanent staff at work and have been there longer than most of the staff.
16. When you left for your last vacation, between your cell phone, GPS and tablet, you had more computer power than NASA had during the Apollo moon missions.
17. You can’t remember the last time you received a hand-written letter in the mail.
18. Your grandmother asks you to send her a JPEG file of your new-born so she can create a screen saver.
19. You have not looked up a phone number in the phone book for years.
20. You can’t remember your anniversary, but you have committed twenty-seven passwords to memory.
21. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. 🙂
22. You find something very amusing but instead of laughing you say, “LOL!, LOL!”
23. You read this entire list, and kept nodding and smiling.
24. As you read this list, you think about posting it on Facebook or re-blogging it.
25. As you read this list, you keep saying to yourself, “LOL. LOL”
Thought for the Week
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be. ~Paul Valery