Happy first Friday of 2017! As you try to get back into normal mode after the holidays, you might be tempted to hit the snooze button, roll over and just forget about work. Yet, eventually we drag ourselves out of bed, get dressed, grab a cup of coffee and head out to face another day. However, perhaps you have hit that snooze button one too many times and now you realize that there is no way you will make it to work on time. Now you are wondering what you will way to your boss when you arrive late for work. Well here are some excuses NOT to use.
- I was actually here on time but I arrived in an alternate universe and it took me some time to get out of it and into this one.
- I was cutting my own hair this morning and the clippers stopped, so I had to go to a barber shop and wait until it opened so they could finish the haircut.
- I saw Bigfoot crossing the street so I parked my car and tried to follow him to take a picture.
- I had to stop and help deliver a baby at the side of the road.
- I woke up this morning on the front lawn of the house two doors down from my own house and, of course, I did not have my alarm clock with me.
- My dog got stuck in the toilet.
- I poured some cereal in a bowl for breakfast and then realized that I was out of milk, so I had to go the store to buy milk and then go back home to eat my cereal.
- Actually, I was on time but I fell asleep as soon as I parked the car.
- Funny story, I accidentally put super glue in my contact lens instead of contact solution and had to go the emergency room.
- I really thought today was a holiday.
- I was watching a movie on TV and I just had to see the end of it.
- My blow dryer shorted out so I had to wait for my hair to air dry.
- I thought someone was following me, so I used some evasive maneuvers and got lost.
- A fortune-teller gave me the numbers for last night’s lottery jackpot, so I did not expect I would need a job today.
- I tried calling you but my phone was turned off.
- As I was leaving the house, I got a call from a pollster, she said it would only take a few minutes, but I was on the phone with her for an hour and a half.
- They were giving away free coffee at Starbucks and the line was really long.
- I heard it was supposed to snow, so I had to go to the grocery and buy milk, bread and eggs before coming to work.
- I was dreaming about a baseball game and it went into extra innings.
- My phone is set to the wrong time zone. It must think I am still on vacation.
- It’s okay. I was early yesterday so it all evens out, right?
- I’m not late. I decided to start work a half hour later because I do not need to be here as long as everyone else.
Thought for the We
If you have a job without any aggravations, you don’t have a job. ~Malcolm S. Forbes